Why are the shipping rates so volatile?

    While there are several factors involved,

    • The primary is market demand.  Traditionally from Dec through April for imports, especially from Asia to the U.S., it is called the “slow season.” Because the retail market slows down after Christmas.  However from mid January through early February there is an upsurge of cargo moving to beat the Chinese New Year deadline whereby factories all over China shut down for weeks.  This usually keeps rates high as there is always space problems for cargo getting on vessels.  From May through November this would be the “peak season” where there is a big demand for cargo moving into the U.S., so the Carriers raise the rates during this period, with the GRI (general rate increase), and PSS (peak season surcharge).
    • Another factor is fuel, or what is called the Bunker Fuel factor This is a floating surcharge that the Carrier’s can change when oil prices rise or fall. It is called the BAF.

    What are the usual methods of freight payment?

    Most freight payments are done with a Company check. However you can also pay with wire transfer or credit card (subject to administrative fee). Payment is sent right around the time the freight is due to arrive, clear customs and be released.

    Do you handle international household moves?

    Yes; for anyone moving overseas, shipping household goods and all of your furniture, GoCargo got your covered and there’s no need to look for an international moving services. Working with an accredited international moving company such as GoCargo can alleviate any doubts during this process.

    How and where can we pick up the cargo at destination?

    We are able to give you expected departure and arrival dates. Delays seldom occur but they do occur. Some of the reasons why there may be delays are due to US Custom delays, Port congestion, sailings cancelled, union strikes or delays because there is not enough freight to complete a shared container, ships being over booked or re-routed and weather conditions. There are no refunds or price deductions due to any delays.

    How and when do i pay?

    If you are delivering your Shipment/Vehicle yourself to a our warehouse, payment must be received in our offices right after you have made the delivery. If we pickup at your home then we will usually email you an invoice which is due upon receipt. All shipments are prepaid usually before it departs. Payments can be made in the form of a wire transfer, cashier’s check, credit cards, cash and personal check.

    How do i get a quotation?

    When requesting a price for your shipment. Send us an email through this site or call us directly. The most important detail is that your request state origin, destination, pieces, dimensions, and description of the items being shipped. The same applies to vehicles plus the make, model and year. It is also important to state whether the vehicle is in running or non running condition.

    What documents are required to ship my vehicle?

    The documents you will need are:

    a. The original Certificate of Title of Ownership of the vehicle without a Lien recorded on the Title. If the title indicates a Lien Holder, then a lien release letter must accompany the title.

    b. If the vehicle is used or pre-owned the existing Certificate of Title can be endorsed by the seller to the new owner. No Sales Tax is payable to the Seller and proof of export will be given to the Seller if requested.

    c. Depending on which Port the vehicle will sail from, you may need a Bill of Sale or a Notarized Bill of Sale.

    d. If you are in the Military, Government or State service and there is a Lien recorded on the vehicle, the Lien Holder needs to give permission to export the vehicle. This permission must be an Original Letter from the Lien holder together with 3 certified copies of the Certificate of Title. You will also need to present your Military orders or a letter from the Government or State authority.

    e. When a new vehicle is purchased, an Original Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MSO)must be obtained from the Dealership instead of a title . Please note that some countries do not accept the import of the vehicle or make it extremely difficult to import with only the MSO. A Bill of Sale is also required.

    g. For some ports in Florida, you will need a Power of Attorney giving the clearing agents permission to clear your documents on your behalf.

    Do i receive my documents back?

    Yes, All your original documents are sent to US Customs for export clearance and then sent to the office in destination if we are handling the customs entries overseas. In this case they will be returned to you with the car or sent via courier to your home once we receive them back from Customs. If you are handling your own customs formalities in destination then we will send the documents directly to you.